Teaching English to people whose native language is not English can be a very rewarding internship with many great benefits. You get to experience and live in a different culture, while helping others to achieve proficiency in a foreign language. You also get to develop and apply a number of key skills – communication, problem solving, people management – which are very important when looking for full-time employment. Whether you decide to choose teaching as your full-time career, or pursue a different professional path, being an English Teacher will add valuable experience to your Resume.
There is a high demand for English as a second language teachers and ‘Internships Abroad’ offers a wide range of exciting opportunities in language schools, companies and institutions.
A Teaching English as a second language internship with ‘Internships abroad’ will involve
(these will vary depending on the company and industry)
- Planning, preparing and delivering English lessons
- Scheduling and coordinating language classes
- Conducting language classes and/ or one-to-one sessions
- Reviewing learning materials and making recommendations for improvements
- Designing new materials including tests
- Providing feedback to language learners and developing individual learning plans
- Keeping students’ attendance records
- Participating in organizing social events to promote learning