There is a positive outlook for careers in Supply Chain as the industry is showing steady growth. Improving process efficiency and tasks optimization continue to be amongst the top priorities for many organizations worldwide. These tasks call for qualified Supply Chain experts, who have the knowledge and skills to help streamline business operations and improve the competitive edge. Many companies are not only looking for students who can display solid understanding of supply chain principles but who also have experience on applying these in real-world working settings.
We at Intabroad, help students to gain real hands-on experience within the Supply Chain field. We work with a number of reputable companies to offer internships in various areas, including Logistics, Materials, Transportation, Manufacturing and Consulting. Due to the vastness of this sector, Intabroad work with each student to understand their individual development objectives, so we can match them with the right company and sector.
A Supply Chain Internship with Intabroad will involve
(these will vary depending on the company and industry)
- Work as part of a team to analyse company processes
- Identify improvements and present recommendations
- Interview Clients/ Business stakeholders to determine their supply chain requirements
- Match Clients/ Business requirements against the features of company’s software package
- Use own knowledge of best practice to suggest improvements
- Work on resolving issues and documenting solutions
- Perform vendor evaluations and potential supply chain partners
- Participate in company meetings