About the company:
Our host company is an $8 billion global manufacturing company with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois, and approximately 26,000 employees worldwide. The company is one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of clean air and ride performance products and systems for the automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment markets as well as the aftermarket.
Our host company is a leading supplier to the global commercial truck and off-highway markets with a full suite of aftertreatment solutions tailored to any engine size or powertrain strategy, and designed to meet increasingly stringent emission standards taking effect worldwide. The company also serves customers in North America, Europe, Brazil, India, South Korea, and Japan.
An engineering intern wilL:
Lead and maintain in all aspects the engineering activity of a project, as well as advanced development as a representative of Tenneco Engineering. This may include: design, testing/ride work tuning, prototype builds, technical analysis & presentation, etc. under the direction of Senior Engineering Manager. This position will also have a close relation with the customer to investigate their project/product cycle.
- Assist with the technical communication window for Japanese engineering center across all regions.
- Drive decisions to ensure success of the advanced development, taking into account program timing, reliability and design integrity.
- Ensure compliance with customer drawings and specifications. Resolve requirement issues directly with customer engineers and act as project design interface.
- Take initial counter measure for defective products. Lead a corrective action working with production and proto facilities overseas.
- Help enhance internal technical capability
- Assist in testing of laboratory and customer sites.
- Help with design and implementation of technical presentations to secure future business of the host company
|Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or advanced.
- Knowledge of suspension system or/and ride control products and design are must.
- Both English and Japanese communication/negotiation skills are must.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels and global locations, both within the company and with the customer.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international, to suppliers, plants, and customer locations to support development and launch activities.
- Paid: 650 €/month or more, depending on experience
- An assignment in Japan is possible after training in Spain.